Sunday, January 29, 2006

Equipment...

Okay I downloaded Audacity, the guys at the CBGS said it was the best for rookies, although i am considering just saying screwing it and picking up, Garage Band since my hero Lene Taylor uses it.

I also picked up a headset which records pretty well. Comp USA didnt have much in variety when it came to microphones, still i am content with it and the splitter that will allow me to use more microphones.

For phone interviews, i downloaded skype but i think that might have been a mistake, I forgot that Charlie doesnt have an internet connection at home and aparently you can only connect with other skype users, i honestly thought that you would be able to talk to anyone on any phone. If anyone can suggest a replacement i would be very gratefull.

To record the calls i downloaded total recorder. Apparently it will record any sound in my computer, when i get set up i will have more info on that.

Seems like everyone is into MAC's am I the only person who still uses a PC? Maybe i should save up and jump on the MAC waggon.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger LT said...

David, you can use Skype to call regular phones - you just have to deposit some money in your Skype acccount. It costs less than a penny a minute. I use it for my interviews. It's great!

LT

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger None of your business said...

Thank you LT!

By the way what do you recomend for hosting for the mp3's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home